Outdoor addicts love Golden like Red Sox fans love Fenway!
Golden, CO is nestled perfectly in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, twenty minutes from Denver and five minutes to a kick ass trail run. If you enjoy trail running, mountain biking, kayaking, climbing, hiking or paragliding you should get here...Fast. As a 25 year veteran of the BETTER THAN BOULDER outdoor vibe, I believe Golden to be Nirvana for those who enjoy active lifestyle.
Here are 8 reasons why you should start packing...
2. PLAY ON LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN Whether you are CYCLING UP or paragliding down, Lookout Mountain is a must for active lifestyle visitors to Golden. 1219 foot elevation gain in 4.5 miles from "Pillar to Post" is the paved way up and an uber popular road ride for locals. Fat tire lovers will be Mountain biking up the Chimney Gulch Trail Be ready for some challenging singletrack. Dont forget hikers, paragliders and even long boarders who use the mountain for all their outdoor exploits as well. Visit Buffalo Bill's Grave at the top after your workout.
3. TUBING CLEAR CREEK Some of the BEST summer fun in Golden is definitely grabbing a tube and hitting Clear creek and floating right through town! If you have a tube, it's free! If not purchase one downtown at any of the local stores. Here is some must have info for your tubing adventure provided by Colorado Water Sport
4. KAYAK/RAFT CLEAR CREEK The Clear Creek Whitewater Park was dedicated in 1998 and is one of Golden’s best outdoor draws. You can Learn to kayak or, for the more experienced, there is a full 1/4 mile course to choose from. Plenty of good watching spots for your interested friends and an easy take out at Vanover park makes for a great day on the water. The park is not supervised so adventurer beware.
5. PARAGLIDE GOLDEN Looking to experience a real Rocky Mountain High? No, not Marijuana. Soar above Golden in a paraglider and see it all from the best vantage point...the sky! Paragliding in Golden is a rare treat in many ways. Try a tandem flight with my buddies at Colorado Paragliding Make sure you request Tim Meehan, pilot extraordinaire, and tell 'em Dixon sent ya. Cost is super reasonable at $160.
6. CLIMB GOLDEN The American Alpine Club is located right in Golden and its amazing climbing library is located on 10th St just E of Washington. It is an splendid resource for climbers. Clear Creek Canyon and North Table Mountain/Golden Cliffs are definitely the most popular climbing areas. North Table Mt, in particular, is popular as an after work venue and there are other less-well-known crags in the general area like Lookout Mtn Crag & South Table Mtn
8. BEER GOLDEN!
Golden has a long storied history of beer starting with Adolf Coors and Coors Brewery in 1873. When visitng take the free tour and get FREE COORS BEER! Yes we have tested the limits of the free beer room and it appears Two beers is the limit! (unless you sweet talk Lisa the guide as we did...)
Let it be known that there are other breweries in town catering especially to the outdoor lifestyle set. For a great experience post ride/run/climb/kayak I highly recommend New Terrain Brewery at the foot of North Table Mountain (awesome place) The fabulous downtown outdoor hangout Mountain Toad brewing and of course the North Golden sip shop Cannonball Creek brewing to name just a few. For some real flavor try visiting owners Charlie and Janine in their actual Golden home turned brewery the Golden City Brewery right in town, a twenty year tradition billing themselves as the second largest brewery in Golden for many years.
Ready to Move to Golden?
Your lifestyle needs a home. Brian Dixon is the "Live Where You Play Guy," a lifestyle Realtor in the outdoor MECCA of Golden, Colorado. Not your typical agent, Dixon, as he is known to friends and clients, promotes the Colorado Lifestyle by combining his lifelong passion for the outdoors with his exceptional customer service as a real estate veteran.
Dixon specializes, and relishes in, trail side and open space property, providing ultra convenience for his outdoor clients who want to be as close as possible to the foothill trails.
Living and playing in Golden for more than two decades, Dixon is THE local specialist, bringing insider knowledge not only of the real estate market, but of the vibrant outdoor scene as well.
As a competitive runner and cyclist, he continues to play in Golden going on twenty three years, trail running and mountain biking the exceptional Jeffco Open Space trail system. He is also a certified "powder-hound" as an AASI snowboard instructor at Winter Park Resort.Ready to match your home with your lifestyle? SEARCH FOR GOLDEN HOMES NOW!